Saturday, November 6, 2010

Veteran's Memorial Traveling Wall 11/6/10


What a great day this was!! Jeff, the girls & I met my mom at the Chennault Aviation Museum in Monroe to pay tribute to those who served in the Vietnam War. The "Moving Wall" is the half-size replica of the Washington, DC Vietnam Veteran's Memorial and has been touring the the world for almost 20 years. John Devitt attended the dedication in Washington in 1982. After feeling the "positive" power of "The Wall", he vowed to share his experience with those who could not travel to Washington to see it.

The memorial is a black granite wall inscribed with the names of around 58,000 Americans killed or missing in the Vietnam Conflict. Although we did not know anyone in the Vietnam war, you could feel the respect and honor the people there had for our fallen soldiers. When we first got there, they had the Flying 4 Formation flying overhead and a Veteran's Ceremony. Mom was able to meet us there and we viewed the museum.


Tracee and Bryleigh loved being able to see the F16s fly overhead.

Bryleigh was amazed at the size of the wall and how many names were on the wall, and honestly, I was too.
I am so glad we were able to attend this, it has given me a new respect for our military personnel. I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have served or are currently serving. It is because of you that My family and I are able to enjoy our freedoms. Thank you for all the sacrifices that you have made for us. God bless all the veterans! We will never forget! Thank you!

" I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Phil. 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment