Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Daily Schedule Revised! New Lesson Plans are coming....







Our Daily Schedule Update *Tenative* - notice I said "tentative" because although this is my goal - life happens LOL! =0 ) We are trying something new...we are schooling year-round this year. So far, I am reallying enjoying schooling year-round! It seems to be a lot less stressful and less demanding.




Mon-Fri
Bible Reading - 15 mins every morning- We read a story out of the Beginners Bible or a lesson out of the book, Leading Little Ones to God.

Mon-Thursday
Spelling - 20mins-30mins- We go over Dolch words for her grade level & complete one worksheet out of the Scholastic Week by Week Homework Packet Spelling workbook, Grades 1 and 2.
Grammar-10m- We go over a Grammar Rule each day and Bryleigh has to write the rule in her composition notebook. Not only is she learning the rule, but she is also using her handwriting skills and spelling skills as well. She also works Grammar/Phonic worksheets that we bought from Sonlight.com.
Writing - 10m- We write more than 10 mins a day, however, I do not require her but 10 mins a day. She volunteers more time because loves to write.
Math - 40m- we do visual Math. She watches the Mathtacular video that we got from Sonlight.com and then does worksheets that correspond with that days' lesson. We also use real life events to enforce math skills. Ex. Grocery shopping & cooking

Monday and Wednesday
Science - 20 mins- 30 mins - we also do visual Science. She watches the Discover & Do video from Sonlight. com and then we do experiments & worksheets using real life events. She loves learning Science in the Kitchen. I also just received new Science Lesson plans that I will be intergrating in with her current lessons.

Wed- Thursday
History - 20 mins - 30 mins- We acquire History Readers from the library. And we read a book each day about a current event that is going on. I also print out worksheets from Enchantedlearning.com to help with the lessons.

Tuesdays
Piano Lessons - 30 mins
Library time- 20 mins- 30 mins

Weekend
Art - 1 hour

Home Economics - daily- She folds clothes, dusts, vaccuums, and helps me cook each day. I have bought a curriulum called Keepers at Home. When I get that in the mail, I will begin the lessons in it. http://thegreatestcallinginlife.blogspot.com/2012/01/keepers-at-home-little-keepers-at-home.html

Quiet Time- I will begin to implement a quiet time for 30 mins to an hour each day. During this time, Tracee will lay down for a nap or go in her room to play while Bryleigh goes to her room for required reading, to finish up any work that she did not complete or to have some playtime. (Also I found some great audiobooks that I thought she could listen to while she plays). This will give the girls a break from me & each other - you know we are together all the time and we all need breaks! lol This will give me time to get my lessons together for the next day or finish housekeeping.

Mon-Wed-Friday
Piano practice -10mins- 15 mins



Co-Op
We have 40 days of CoOp each school year (We actually attend 2 Co-Ops, one on Tuesdays & one on Wednesdays). Bryleigh is learning Phonics, Geography, Art History, Reading, Kitchen Science & Magic School Bus Science on CoOp days. Also she is learning social skills & is able to interact with other children during this time. Let me add this: When we have CoOp days the CoOp lessons will replace the lessons on the days indicated above.

No comments:

Post a Comment